Little Free Libraries and Book Drops
CULTIVATING A COMMUNITY OF READERS
The West Lafayette Public Library is proud to announce the opening of a neighborhood Little Free Library and a walk-up library book return box in both Lommel Park and Lincoln Park (seen in the photo above) in West Lafayette.
Working with the West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department, with funding from North Central Health Services (NCHS), the West Lafayette Library is expanding the network of library service points in West Lafayette.
The book drops and the little free libraries are now available for use in both parks.
You will also find Little Free Libraries in Tapawingo Park, Cumberland Park, along Kalberer Road (west of Yeager Road), and near the Community Gardens (west of Salisbury Street). Our thanks to the Lafayette Rotary Club for their building and West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department for their installation of these Little Free Libraries.
The Little Free Libraries are stocked by both the West Lafayette Public Library and by residents of the neighborhoods the little free libraries serve.
Please use and enjoy these West Lafayette Library services! You're welcome to "take a book, leave a book" at any of the little free libraries.
FREE music downloads @ WLPL
The West Lafayette Public Library is excited to offer the Freegal music download service to our patrons!
The West Lafayette Library's subscription with Freegal offers YOU free access to millions of song from over 10,000 labels including the Sony Music Catalog.
How Freegal Music Works:
- Library users have a weekly download limit of three downloads (songs) per week. You will be able to keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site. Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download.
- The downloads on this site are all in the MP3 format with no DRM. This service will work with any MP3 player, including iPod, and can be loaded into iTunes. It works on both PCs and Macs. Check out our new mobile apps for iOS and Android devices!
- Be sure to check out the browsing areas, especially Artists A to Z (on the "see all genres" page) and the genre lists (menu bar). Click on see all genres to view dozens of categories.
To access Freegal, go to https://wlaf.freegalmusic.com/ and enter in your Library card number and password. *Please contact the Library if you require assistance.
Reference Links: Local History
West Lafayette Memories project on going historical research about West Lafayette. A joint project of faculty from Purdue University and the West Lafayette Public Library.
- Tour De Lafayette & West Lafayette
- C-Span archive of City & County Council Minutes
- West Lafayette Public Library Board Minute Archive from 1921 through 1940
- Tippecanoe County Historical Society & The Feast of the Hunters' Moon
- Wabash-Erie Canal Association WebSite
- Archaeological Research Resources
- Lost Indiana
- Indiana State Library
Nick's Picks of Nick's Picks
Looking for a good book? Librarian Nick Schenkel has been reading and reviewing books for local radio station WBAA for over 25 years. Here is a list of Nick’s favorites of all the books he’s read & reviewed - you may enjoy some of these too!
Page 2 of 2